View more images on our Facebook gallery
Purbeck House has 518 bedrooms in cluster flats of five to seven, as well as four studios. Undergoing refurbishment this summer, Purbeck House features a communal lounge with a pool table for students to use, as well as a courtyard with BBQ area.
Purbeck House is just a short walk from the other Halls of Residences. You will be close to The Old Firestation, and within walking distance of the beach, shops, bars, and restaurants.
Lansdowne campus is just a short walk, and Talbot Campus (two miles) is within easy reach using the university bus service, with a bus stop outside (the journey takes about 15 minutes).
Postcode: BH8 8ES
View on Google Maps (Street view)
View campus map
- En suite standard bedrooms have single beds
- All room types are in cluster flats of five to seven, with shared kitchen / dining / lounge areas with TV ports
- There are four self-contained studios in a mixture of standard and large sizes, with an en suite bathroom and kitchenette
- WiFi internet connection (supplied via external provider, not BU)
- Coin operated launderette
- Courtyard and common room with TV and pool table
- 12 month BU bus pass
- Bicycle storage rooms
- Onsite management and 24 hour support
- 24 hour CCTV and security fob for building/ flat entrances.
- £120.27 per week on a 42 week tenancy.
- £142.35 per week on a 50 week tenancy.
For more information, please view our price guide.
To compare different accommodation options view our residences summary factsheet (pdf 513kb).
Detailed access information for Purbeck House from DisabledGo.
Full list of access information for BU’s buildings and facilities.