Content only version
Useful Links:
askBU here to helpUK Council for International Student Affairs BU Social Media

English language course students

If you are taking an English language course (general, advanced or academic) with a view to entering a BU study programme, you have a number of options. If you would like to check your eligibility for studying at BU you can speak to the University Placement staff at your school, or you can contact BU’s enquiry team, askBU, who will be able to advise you about what you are eligible to study.

Your course will probably lead to a language test such as IELTS. This qualification is widely accepted within the UK and is the typical requirement for evidence of your English level when you apply to BU. If you are taking a different test, this may well also be accepted by BU in place of IELTS.

If you already hold an offer to study a course at BU but need to improve your English language, BU in partnership with Kaplan International College offers a Pre-sessional English for University Study Programme, to help you improve your Academic English and study skills, and to learn more about teaching and learning methods used at BU.

If however, you already have the English qualification you need and you would like to submit an application to BU, you will find details of our courses through our Course Search, and guidance on entry requirements, how to apply and other advice in our International Students pages.

Find out more: