Future Students Home
What is postgraduate study?
Apply to BU
Tuition fees, deposits and discounts
Paying your tuition fees
Information for applicants
Short courses & part-time
EU Qualification 'passport'
BU - Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
September 2014 entry
Application deadline is now passed
This scholarship, offered in conjunction with the UK Government, is offered to students from developing Commonwealth countries who have applied to study a full-time taught postgraduate (Master's) degree at BU and who can demonstrate they already have an outstanding academic and personal profile.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
Students who are residents in developing Commonwealth countries who have applied to study eligible taught postgraduate (Master's) degree at BU. Eligible countries are listed on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
To which courses does this scholarship apply?
How much is the scholarship worth?
- Full tuition fee
- Return air fare to the UK
- Arrivals allowance (approximately £900)
- Monthly allowance (approximately £940)
- Thesis and study travel costs (approximately £400)
How is this scholarship paid?
Scholarships are paid by full tuition fee waiver and monthly allowance.
How many scholarships are awarded annually?
What are the criteria for this scholarship?
- You must be able to demonstrate an exceptional academic profile (equivalent to UK First Class honours degree as assessed by NARIC)
- Please contact our International Admissions Team if you require clarification about equivalent level overseas qualifications
- You must be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
Other information about this scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarship
- Financial need will not be taken into consideration.
How do I apply?
You must apply online through the Electronic Application System on the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme website. The deadline for applications is 11 April 2014.
When will I hear if I have been successful?
Successful applicants will normally be informed within one month of the deadline. Your award cannot be formally approved until you hold an unconditional firm (UF) offer.
The legal bit…
Scholarships are reviewed on a regular basis and the university reserves the right to withdraw, amend or introduce new scholarships at any time. Scholarships are offered subject to funding and availability.
< Back to our main scholarships menu