Future Students Home
What is postgraduate study?
Apply to BU
Fees and funding
Tuition fees, deposits and discounts
Paying your tuition fees
Information for applicants
Short courses & part-time
EU Qualification 'passport'
BU Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship
September 2014 entry
This scholarship is offered to students who have applied to study a full-time taught postgraduate (Master's) degree at BU and who are resident in one of the following countries: Nepal, Colombia, Nigeria, Vietnam or India.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
Students resident in the following countries at the time of application who are classified as 'overseas' for fee purposes are eligible to apply.
To which courses does this scholarship apply?
All full-time BU postgraduate (Master's) courses (excluding distance learning courses).
How much is the scholarship worth?
50% of tuition fee payable for the standard duration of the course (excludes repeat units).
How is this scholarship paid?
Scholarships are paid by a reduction in tuition fee.
How many scholarships are awarded annually?
10 (two for each eligible country).
What are the criteria for this scholarship?
- You must be able to demonstrate an exceptional academic profile (equivalent to UK First Class honours degree as assessed by NARIC)
- Please contact our International Admissions Team if you require clarification about equivalent level overseas qualifications
- You must be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
Other information about this scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarship
- Financial need will not be taken into consideration.
How do I apply?
The deadline for applications is 31 May 2014. You can apply at the same time or after you have submitted your course application form.
Completed application forms should be returned to:
askBU Students Service
Forms can also be scanned and emailed to: askBUstudents@bournemouth.ac.uk
When will I hear if I have been successful?
Successful applicants will normally be informed within one month of the closing date. You award cannot be formally approved until you hold an unconditional firm (UF) offer.
The legal bit…
Scholarships are reviewed on a regular basis and the university reserves the right to withdraw, amend or introduce new scholarships at any time. Scholarships are offered subject to funding and availability.
< Back to our main scholarships menu