The International Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Research (ICTHR), Bournemouth University, is pleased to announce this important conference with an aim to debate the broader conceptual ideas and contested relationships between climate change, sustainability and tourism as well as to examine worldwide responses and exchange cutting-edge research.
- This conference will feature keynotes from high-level policy makers from international agencies including UNWTO, UNESCO, UNEP, European Commission and leading research institutions.
- This tourism conference is expected to be crucial for researchers interested in Green Economy and Sustainability aspects as it will follow the Rio+20 UN Summit.
Themes for abstracts
Advancements in sustainable tourism; climate change and sustainability - common ground; green economy; ecosystem services; indicators and planning; small island developing states; sea-level rise; natural disasters; protected areas and heritage conservation; road transport and aviation; hospitality and green issues; greenhouse gases; climate change adaptation; climate change mitigation; emerging techniques; and future research implications.
- Mr Luigi Cabrini, Director UNWTO Sustainable Tourism
- Dr Richard Butler, Emeritus Professor, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Stephan Harrison, University of Exeter & Oxford University
- Melody Ocloo, UNESCO MAB
- Deirdre Shurland, UNEP DTIE Paris / Global Partnership for Sustainable Tourism
- Paul Peeters, NHTV Breda University of Applied Science
- Jane Ashton, TUI Travel PLC
- Leigh Hudson, British Airways
- Panel Discussion: policy agencies and key industry players.
Abstract submission last date: 30 April 2012
Early bird registration closes: 30 June 2012
For queries related to abstracts and registration
Please contact Mrs Karen Ward, Email: email@example.com,
Tel: +44 (0)1202 961650
We look forward to welcoming you to Bournemouth in 2012!