Under the data protection laws you have a number of rights in relation to our processing of your data. In summary these are:
- Right to request access to your data as processed by BU and information about that processing (a “subject access request”)
- Right to rectify any inaccuracies in your data
- Right to request erasure of your data from our systems and files
- Right to place restrictions on our processing of your data
- Right to object to our processing of your data
- Right to data portability: where we are processing data that you have provided to us, on the basis of consent or as necessary for the performance of a contract between us, you have the right to ask us to provide your data in an appropriate format to you or to another controller.
Most of these rights are subject to some exceptions or exemptions, depending on the purposes for which data is being processed.
If you have any questions or concerns about our processing of your data, please contact the BU Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Telephone: 01202 962472
Address: Poole House, Bournemouth University, Fern Barrow, Poole BH12 5BB
If you would like to exercise any of your rights as outlined above, you can contact the DPO as above or visit the Data Protection page on our website to access the relevant forms.
We will always aim to respond clearly and fully to any concerns you have about our processing and requests to exercise the rights set out above. However, as a data subject if you have concerns about our data processing or consider that we have failed to comply with the data protection legislation then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner: