We often take photographs or films at events that we host, so that we can use them for marketing purposes. These images are covered by the Data Protection legislation. These images (which could be photographs or moving films) may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- Prospectuses and other university promotional materials
- As part of an advert or advertisement feature (which includes possible use on outdoor media such as buses and billboards)
- On our website, intranet, or the websites of our partners
- In promotional videos created by the university
- In non-university publications which our marketing team have approved and authorised.
If you are attending one of our events and you don't want your image to be used then you can simply opt out. Just let the photographer and a member of our staff know. That way we will instruct our photographer not to take any images of you. You are also advised to try to stay out of the shot, as you may appear in the background in error.