Skip to main content

Contact us

How to contact us

Enquiries about studying at BU

If you are considering studying at BU, please call our Future Students Enquiry Team on +44 (0)1202 961916 or email via our web form.

Alternatively, you can contact us via:
Live chat: Speak to an advisor on Live Chat.
Phone: Monday–Friday 9am–5pm (closed Friday 11am–12 noon)

We are fully operational and are happy to take your enquiries during the Covid-19 response period.

General enquiries

If you want to speak to a member of staff or have a general enquiry:

Tel: +44 (0)1202 524111


Fax: +44 (0)1202 962736

Enquiries from businesses and organisations

If you are interested in working or collaborating with BU, please contact: 

Tel: +44 (0)1202 961916


If you are a non-UK education establishment or student recruitment agency wishing to work or collaborate with BU, please email

If you are looking to promote employment opportunities to BU students or graduates (full-time roles, part-time work or placements), please view our recruitment-focused information on our MyCareerHub site.

Current students

BU facilities remain open as follows:

Additional Learning Support – please email

AskBU – please email or call 01202 969696

Careers & Employability – please email or use our online resources at MyCareerHub

Complaints (non-academic) and discipline issues please email

Financial support – please email or call 01202 969696

Faith & Reflection – please email faith&​

Immigration and visa support – please email or call 01202 969696

LettingsBU – please email or call 01202 961678

Library services –​ The Sir Michael Cobham Library and Bournemouth House Library are both open - please contact the library by email at or via online chat

Medical Centre – appointments are currently limited and you will need to call first to book on 01202 965378 or use our online services

Residential Services – please email or call 01202 961671

ResLifeBU – follow us on Facebook @BUResLife to keep up to date with our activities or email

SportBU – check our opening hours or contact us on 01202 965012 or

Student Support and Engagement Team – please email

Student Wellbeing – we are currently running a reduced service please email or call AskBU on 01202 969696

Corporate contacts

Freedom of Information Act 2000 requests

To make a Freedom of Information Act request, contact us.
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 961315
More about Access to Information

Website enquiries

Please email the web team with any technical or content issues relating to the BU website.

Building addresses

View a full list of the postal addresses for buildings at BU 

Accessibility information

For a full list of access information, please visit our accessibility information page.

Major incident/Adverse weather/Campus closure

We have an information line which can be called in the event of a major incident, adverse weather conditions or campus closure to get more information. It is updated by the Corporate Communications team with the latest information. It is available for accessibility reasons so that staff and students can hear messages should they need to.

Telephone: +44 (0)1202 968999

Emergency/Serious incident telephone number

We have a contact number for staff or students to report emergencies or serious incidents. It is important to keep this line clear so please do not use unless it is absolutely necessary.

Telephone: +44 (0)1202 962222

Internal line: 222

Reporting a noise nuisance or anti-social behaviour

What we can help with?

If a member of the public contacts BU regarding a public student complaint (noise, litter etc) BU is only able to deal with the issue directly if it is related to student halls.

If the issue is not related to student halls then in the first instance it must be dealt with by Environmental Health (EH) and the resident must contact EH to log the incident appropriately.

Community Enforcement Officer

In Bournemouth, BU funds a Community Enforcement Officer for the Winton East, Wallisdown & Winton West and Queens Park Wards.

Residents can contact 01202 451296 or

Out of hours service

The out of hours noise service is also available on 0800 0281870. BU part funds enhanced out of hours support so that on certain nights a team member can respond to disturbances. The team also carries out proactive monitoring of hot spots where multiple complaints are received. If there is the possibility of a Statutory Noise Nuisance, then Environmental Health can monitor and issue Noise Abatement Notices.

In Poole, please refer to the Poole Borough Council website for information.

In all cases if the resident feels threatened they should call the police on 101.

Employing our students or graduates

BU have a free to use online platform called MyCareerHub where you can advertise your vacancies (graduate level (local, national or international), part-time, and placements) to our students and recent graduates.

For more information about advertising vacancies, and attending Careers Fairs on campus, please visit MyCareerHub.

Or contact our Graduate Recruitment Team via:


Tel: +44 (0) 1202 961660

Twitter: @BUJobShop

Admissions appeals and complaints

If you wish to make an appeal or a complaint about your application you should review our Admissions Appeals and Complaints Policy (pdf 418kb) first to see under what grounds an appeal or complaint will be considered.  

If you wish to proceed, please submit your admissions appeal or complaint online.

Grounds for appeal

Appeals against an admissions decision will be considered if:

  • there is evidence that the university has failed to comply with its policies or procedures, or
  • there is pertinent new information available which was not included in the original application or provided to the university in writing before the decision was sent.

Appeals against an admissions decision will not be considered if:

  • the decision not to accept you has been made on academic grounds, such as failure to meet entry requirements (actual or predicted) or failing to successfully complete a selection measure such as a portfolio review or interview
  • the University has decided that reasonable adjustments cannot be made to accommodate a disability or health-related issue
  • the decision not to accept you has been made on immigration grounds, such as when the University is not able to issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to a Tier 4 applicant and therefore is not able to comply with its responsibilities as a Tier 4 Sponsor
  • the decision has been made to charge overseas tuition fees in accordance with the Education (Fees and Awards) Regulations 2007 and guidance provided by the UK Council for International Student Affairs


  • If your complaint relates to allegations of harassment by a member of the University Community it will be dealt with in accordance with the Dignity and Respect (Harassment) Policy and Procedure.
  • If your complaint relates to allegations of misconduct of a member of the University community it will be dealt with in accordance with the procedures laid out in the appropriate disciplinary policy.
  • It may not be possible to investigate or act on anonymous complaints and we will only do so in exceptional circumstances.
  • We will not investigate a complaint made on your behalf by a third party unless you have appointed the third party as your representative to manage the complaint on your behalf.  Anyone involved in a complaint can be supported or represented by a third party (but not normally a legal advisor) at each stage.