The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Bournemouth University has joined forces with the CIM to give you the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.
CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers and their content is reflected in our own degrees which ensures we are equipping students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
Not only will you graduate with a degree from Bournemouth University but, as this course has been awarded Graduate Gateway status by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), the leading international body for marketing and business development, you’ll also have the opportunity to gain a professional qualification through the CIM Graduate Gateway scheme during your studies.
Benefits for you:
- Opportunity to graduate with the highly recognised CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing alongside your academic degree
- Improved employability prospects, due to achievement of academic and professional qualifications whilst in higher education
- Improved placement prospects through achievement of Foundation Certificate in Marketing
- Membership of CIM and associated benefits.
Benefits for employers:
- Graduates and placement students with proven practitioner and academic skills.
The Pitch is the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s national student competition which aims to recognise and reward the marketing talent of the future. In 2018, a team of Bournemouth University (BU) students reached the finals of The Pitch, achieving a Bronze. In 2017, a BU team also reached the finals of this event, this time taking home Silver to win £1,500 in prize money and a year’s complimentary membership to the CIM.