So, why would you want to engage with the toolkit? We think there are seven strong reasons.
- Happy students is at the top of the list. Engaging students through TEL is a great way to offer a varied approach to teaching and learning, and make the experience enjoyable for and beneficial to students.
- To further develop your own skills, competencies and confidence in using TEL tools and your teaching and learning pedagogy. The toolkit will be available either by tool (How do I use Panopto?) and also pedagogically (How can I better engage students?) so that you can learn more about the available tools and also explore new ways to teach.
- To facilitate new learnings and experiences that could be used as the basis for research outputs.
- As the basis for seeking internal or external funding.
- To receive personal and professional recognition for your expertise using the tools. This may include awards such as the Learning and Teaching Fellowship or be used in appraisals and for pay/grade progression.
- To enhance your professional capabilities and engagement.
- If you are seeking a HEA fellowship or higher levels of membership, you could use the toolkit to develop or enhance your skills and use these achievements to support your application.