What is GoToMeeting?
GoToMeeting is an online meeting and desktop sharing tool which is easy to use and set up. GoToMeeting is useful for secure meetings with up to 25 participants (many:many). For larger groups (up to 100 participants) the university has a "GoToWebinar" licence (one:many).
Why use GoToMeeting?
GoToMeeting has several applications for use in TEL such as:
- Meeting students face-to-face online when a physical meeting is not possible or students are off campus
- For small group teaching or seminars
- For screen sharing/demonstrating software which can be recorded
- Flipped classroom initiatives
- Interactive learning exercises.
If you want to conduct one-to-one meetings online we suggest using Skype, however, unlike Skype, GoToMeeting requires no participant account registration. The meeting organiser sends details of the meeting in advance via email/phone or instant message. Participants will need to ensure they have a microphone and webcam installed.
How to use GoToMeeting
LLS have a GoToMeeting license available for ad-hoc sessions, one-off events or to gain experience of the tool’s features. If the need or intention is to use the tool more extensively, additional licenses should be purchased which will incur a cost by the requesting party.
For more information about GoToMeeting, see the GoToMeetings website.