What is PeerWise?
PeerWise is an online multiple choice question (MCQ) application that is accessible by all staff and students. It provides a shared, collaborative learning environment.
Why use PeerWise?
.. deepens and expands students’ knowledge by giving them a chance to create questions and also to test their knowledge through answering the questions set by others.
Huseyin Dogan, Senior Lecturer in Computing
PeerWise encourages students to:
- review peer work and their own learning
- develop question asking and answering skills
- think creatively and critically
- interactive and intuitive multiple learning platform
- be competitive - leaderboards promote competition – question ratings and scores.
How to use PeerWise
Case studies and articles
Biggins, D., Crowley, E., Bolat, E., Dupac, M. and Dogan, H., 2015. Enhancing university student engagement using online multiple choice questions and answers. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 71-76.
Biggins, D., Crowley, E., Bolat, E., Dupac, M. and Dogan, H., 2015. Using Peerwise to improve engagement and learning. In: The European Conference on Education 1-5 July 2015 Brighton, United Kingdom. Japan: The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), 585-602.