My research interests are currently orientated around three main areas: (1) corporate brand communications (2) online brand communities (3) responsible consumption practices. My PhD dissertation explored corporate (charity) brand relationships within a non-profit context. As a ‘fused’ academic, I also assist various types of organisations in solving brand-related issues through the understanding and application of relevant theoretical concepts and frameworks.
Prior to joining academia, I worked for two years within the United Nations where I contributed in raising the online communications profile of the UNDP Country Office (Mauritius). I also spent several years within the advertising/public relations industry holding various positions such as Client Service Executive, Strategic Planner, and Head of Advertising & creative Services.
Programme Leader of the MA Marketing Communications
Unit Leader of the Brands & Branding module (L5 & L7)
Lead Examiner for the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)
Current research interests
1. Corporate branding (incl. non-profit & charity brands)
2. Brand communities (online & offline)
3. Sustainability corporate communications
4. Instagram-specific user & audience behaviour
5. Green consumer activism (online & offline)
I welcome MRes & PhD proposals related to the above research areas. Get in touch with me directly (email [email protected]) to discuss your ideas and application.
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
• BU Education for Sustainability Award 2019