Professor Siamak Noroozi holds the Chair of Advanced technology at Bournemouth University. He moved to Bournemouth University in 2008 after 9 years at the University of the West of England, Bristol where he was Director of the Computational Mechanics Research Centre. He was a principal Lecturer teaching mechanics of Materials, light weight structures, stress analysis etc. He has a long and well established link with Airbus UK, where for the past 15 years, he has been providing training and CPD courses in areas of advanced mechanics of materials and lightweight structure design and analysis. He has been research active for over 30 years. He has published well in excess of 100 papers in Journals and conferences. He has had numerous research collaborations with industries such as Renishaw, AirBus-UK, Lima Corp, RBCH (Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch NHS hospitals), AECC, Chas.A. Blatchfords and Sons, Coder Tanks/products, BAE systems, Hydreco LtD, etc.
He has had many reseach grants from the EPSRC, SERC, Royal academy of engineers (RAE), ans a substantial amount of match funding and direct sponsorships from industries listed above. He has a strong research links/collaboration with the University of Malaya and currently working on multiple joint project and research supervision.
He has given many invited and key note lectures. He has created and concluded well in excess of 30 Funded PhD projects .
1) Biomechanics Shoulder and Deltoid tension assessment
2) Biomechanics of Knee After total TKR
3) Novel control valve design
4) Novel Control theories
5) Smart Prosthetic socket
6) Prosthetics and spine kinematics
7) Prosthetic Eys technologies.
8) Composite foot dynamics ( Elastic response to impulse)
9) Condition Monitoring of rotating Machinaries.
10) Study of joint dynamics and human motion analysis.
11) Composite ESR foot vibration and modal analysis