Academic term commences on Monday 19 September. If you have not yet secured suitable long-term accommodation for your academic year, then you may be eligible for a BU Accommodation Bursary*.
The BU Accommodation Bursary supports students who need to live in temporary accommodation from the start of term. To be eligible for the bursary, you must email [email protected] from Monday 12 September with:
- your full name
- your student number
- the address of the temporary accommodation you are living in
- the dates you have booked the accommodation for
- evidence that you are paying for temporary accommodation.
The final deadline for evidence to be submitted is midday on 30 September 2022.
Once we have sent you confirmation that you are eligible for the bursary, you will:
- Be placed on a waiting list for BU accommodation if/when it becomes available** (please note, this replaces any previous waiting list that you were on)
- Receive £350 per month to help support your cost of living whilst you are in the temporary accommodation
- Receive a free bus pass to help with travel whilst you are in the temporary accommodation
- Receive support to engage with the BU community.
*Please read the full terms and conditions of the BU Accommodation Bursary below.
**Due to the very high demand for local accommodation this year, we are unable to guarantee if or when we will be able to offer you a room in BU accommodation. We therefore recommend that you continue to search for rooms in private rental accommodation.