BU is proud to be part of a global education community. We love to welcome students from other institutions and countries, giving them the experience of living and studying in the UK.
We offer a range of exchange programmes that allow students from international institutions to study at BU and become part of our international community. For either one semester or a full academic year you can study alongside our world-leading staff, immerse yourself in BU life and share your knowledge and experiences with students from all over the world.
If that sounds like something you want to be involved in, you can get a taste of the UK with a BU International Study Abroad Programme – complete our form to register your interest.
Only two hours from central London by train, Bournemouth is a beautiful town with the UK’s number one beach*. Two UNESCO World Heritage sites, The Jurassic Coast and Stonehenge, are both within easy reach.
Bournemouth University has over 18,000 students, with 2,000 students from 100 different countries and regions. Our courses have a strong professional orientation with a focus on academic excellence and graduate employability. We are ranked in the top 200 young universities in the world according to the THE Young University Rankings 2018.
- Spend one year or one semester studying alongside British and other international students. To browse available subjects please look at our Exchange Course Catalogue (pdf 1.15mb)
- Study 6 units (one year) or 3 units (one semester) in subjects related to your current university degree. Each unit is worth 20 credits (ECTS 10 credits) with one UK credit equating to 10 hours of study
- Earn 120 credits from BU for one year or 60 credits for one semester, and transfer back to your home university to showcase your global learning
- Flexible entry points – join us in September or January
- A range of university student accommodation available.
- You have successfully completed at least the first year in your current university in relevant subjects and obtained good grades
- You have to meet our English Language entry requirement (minimum IELTS 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each component, some courses require higher scores)
- You can study a pre-sessional English course at Bournemouth University International College if you need to improve your English.
- One year – £13750 for courses starting in September 2019
- One semester – £6875 for courses starting in September 2019 and January 2020