What is myBU?
A Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) is a system for delivering learning materials to students via the web. Alongside delivery of learning materials it also provides a toolset which supports assessment, collaboration, reflection and communication activities. The system can be accessed both on and off-campus and is available to support student learning outside the lecture hall 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This enables institutions to teach not only traditional full-time students but also those who cannot regularly visit the campus due to geographic or time restrictions, e.g. those on distance learning courses, doing evening classes, or workers studying part-time.
myBU is Bournemouth University’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It is delivered using the Blackboard Learn platform.
Why use myBU?
myBU provides a platform that facilitates:
- students access to learning anytime, anywhere - with internet access
- simple communication with student cohorts
- communication and collaboration amongst students (campus-based and distance learners)
- submission of assignments
- delivery of feedback and grades
- co-creation of content
- monitoring of student progress throughout their study
- simple management of content for learning and teaching
- a reduction in the need for paperwork and printed handouts.
How to use myBU
There is a lot of functionality within myBU. Below we cover some of the most commonly used tools.