The next two weeks (27 February – 10 March) is Fairtrade Fortnight - this year Fairtrade at BU is turning 10 and to celebrate this there will be lots of Fairtrade product giveaways and promotions to look out for.
There will also be a range of activities and events you can get involved with:
Tuesday 28 February:
Free coffee and chocolate giveaway
Free Pelican Rouge coffee and chocolate will be given out at both Talbot and Lansdowne campuses to mark the beginning of the fortnight.
Wednesday 1 March:
Love Dorset Fairtrade Day 5th floor of the Student Centre (10.30am-3pm)
Come and watch the Dorset Fairtrade Scone Bake-Off - you'll even get the chance to taste the scones! This will be followed by a free conference in the Fusion Building discussing ethical and sustainable food with guest speakers and a networking session - register your place.
Thursday 2 March:
Take a Break Morning at the Fusion Building and EBC (8:30am-12:00pm)
Tying into BU Mental Health Awareness Day which is also taking place on the 2 March, the 'Take a Break Morning' is about having a break from your studies and celebrating both positive mental health and Fairtrade! There will be plenty going on including pop-up Fairtrade stands in Fusion, happy hour prices on both campuses from 10am-11am and there will even be games of Fairtrade Snakes and Ladders out to play.
Fairtrade story performance and Fairtrade food at Dylan’s Bar (5pm onwards)
A Fairtrade story performance. Surya Arts are a theatre company who travel around the UK and share the Fairtrade message though a performance. This will be followed by the chance to learn a few Bhangra dance moves as part of a short Bhangra dance class.
On-going (17 February – 10 March):
- SUBU will be giving out Fairtrade goodies for students who give feedback as part of Speak Week.
- Promotions in the student shop on all Fairtrade products including the Epona Fairtrade clothing lines.
- The BU Chartwells outlets will be promoting the EATFAIR range. For every item sold, Chartwells will donate 5p to EATFAIR projects that support growers and producers in developing countries.
- “Me & Fairtrade” – follow @BUeatanddrink and tweet a picture of yourself with one of our fair trade products and one lucky winner will be selected to win a month’s worth of medium sized coffee drinks (x 20).
- Look out for homemade cake of the week and why not have a go at guessing the number of Fairtrade Jelly Beans in the jar to win!