This Wednesday, 27 March from 11am - 2pm, our campus will be home to a new recruitment fair full of exhibitors talent spotting for vacancies available this spring.
This event is ideal for students from all year groups. Check below for details of just some of the employers you'll be able to talk to about upcoming graduate jobs, placements, paid summer jobs and internships from local, national and international businesses, including SMEs and global organisations.
Throughout the day there will also be time for a bit of fun while demonstrating your talents practising an interview favourite, the 'elevator pitch'. This will really help you gain confidence and you'll get some valuable employer feedback.
You can also book a place at our workshop Finding and Funding Work Overseas at 11.00am – 12.00pm.
Employers come on campus looking for fresh talent and to meet a diverse range of students, and they'll be be keen to see your CV so check yours is up to date and bring along a copy. They will be offering roles in lots of departments - don't assume a hotel company is all about hospitality or a law firm only want law students.
Here are just some of the companies you'll get to talk to:
- Brave (web design)
- Dorset Creative
- GHS (Global Hospitality Service)
- Galnvilles LLP
- Marriott Hotels
- Ministry of Defence
- Southern Health NHS Trust
- TEN6 Creative
Examples of jobs that will be on offer at the fair are below, with more added to MyCareerHub each week:
- Accounts, Business & Business Development
- Commercial Analysts
- Event Management
- Fundraisers & Sales
- Marketing, Advertising & Media
- Healthcare (Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy)
- IT, Computer Science, Technical Support, Software Engineers
- Law (Paralegal and Trainee Solicitor contracts)
- Management / Management Trainees
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Plus, BU based jobs: PAL Leaders, AskBU Advisers, BU IT staff.
No booking needed, just turn up on the day to check out your options.