IT Services will be carrying out a series of important system back-up tests on Wednesday 31 July and Thursday 1 August. Please note the specific systems below that will be unavailable or interrupted during this time.
10pm – 11pm Wednesday 31 July and 10pm – 11pm Thursday 1 August
Some systems will have a brief interruption during these times:
- Student Home drives (H:drives)
- Student Public drives (P:drive)
- NCCA NFS home folders
- Solidworks renderer for the Faculty of Science & Technology.
Various times on Thursday 1 August
- Renderfarm and ISIS Media Server will be unavailable between 9am and 3pm
- The Cloud Wifi will be unavailable between 11am and 2pm
- Network connectivity between BU and Portsmouth (St Marys) will be unavailable between 11am and 2pm.
Before this testing period we recommend that you take the following actions:
- Save a copy of any documents you might need access to on these shared drives
- Save your work more regularly throughout the testing period.
If you have any queries about this testing, please contact the IT Service Desk on 01202 965515 (option 1).