The existing technobooths in The Sir Michael Cobham Library will be replaced from August with new IT equipment and furniture. The work is due to be carried out from Monday 12 August - Friday 20 September. If you need somewhere to work as a group during this time there are two bookable study rooms at Talbot Campus. The technobooths at Bournemouth House Library, Lansdowne Campus, and in the Student Centre, Talbot Campus, will also be available to book over the summer.
The work will be happening on the ground and first floors so will cause some noise and disruption, this will also affect the postgraduate area. Please use floors 2 to 4 of the library if you need somewhere quiet to study.
Once they are finished the new group spaces will still be bookable and will be more comfortable and accessible with new technology including:
- Bigger, higher resolution screens providing greater working area
- 20-point touch-enabled screen: enabling group-based interaction and manipulation of data
- Improved access for wheelchairs
- Wireless presentation: broadcast content from your own device to the screen over BU WiFi
- High-spec tech: brand new technology, delivering a smoother user experience
- Collaborative technology: including a digital whiteboard.
If you have any queries, please contact the Estates Help Desk on 01202 965515 (option 2).