The BU Student Wellbeing counselling and wellbeing advice service will be closed between Saturday 14 December and Sunday 5 January.
If you are worried about your mental health and need advice or support whilst this service is closed, there are resources to help.
You can call Connection at any time on 0300 123 5440 for 24/7 access to mental health advice and support.
You can also find support through the Big White Wall - a free, anonymous online mental health support service available 24/7. You'll need to register the first time you use the service but this is really quick to do.
If you are concerned about another BU student staying in Bournemouth over the winter break, you can access emergency welfare support through the university out of hours’ service on 01202 962222.
You may also find the following external services helpful if you need immediate support:
- Steps 2 Wellbeing for anxiety, depression, stress, mental health and wellbeing
- NHS 111 the non-emergency number to contact the NHS
- Police 101 the non-emergency number to contact the police if it is less urgent than a 999 call
- Samaritans or Samaritans Bournemouth & District for urgent emotional support
- Dorset Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) if you have experienced sexual abuse
- UKCISA for concise and student friendly guidance on all aspects of international student support including immigration
- The Retreat for NHS crisis and support services. Open daily 4.30pm until midnight
- GOV.UK - Find an immigration adviser if you need urgent immigration representation