After a successful pilot last year, the Spring Recruitment Fair is returning to BU on 19 March 2020, between 11am – 3pm in the Student Centre at Talbot Campus.
Last year over 40 organisations and 951 students attended the recruitment fair with exhibiting companies representing a wide range of sectors:
Business, Finance, Commercial, HR, Design, Engineering, Event Management, Fundraising & Sales, Healthcare, IT, Law, Management, Marketing, Advertising & Digital Media, Teaching, Tourism & Hospitality.
This event is ideal for students from any year group and will give you the opportunity to talk to organisations about upcoming graduate jobs, placements, paid summer jobs and internships. BU Graduates are also welcome to attend this event. You can find out more about the Spring Recruitment Fair on myCareerHub and attending companies will be updated as they are confirmed.
This is your last opportunity this academic year to network with employers on campus so make sure to save the date!
Top tips to make the most of the fair
- Research the companies that are attending to impress them when talking at the Fair – the list of companies will be updated on the myCareerHub event page as and when they are confirmed.
- Get your CV checked ahead of time via the online tools on MyCareerHub, a BU Careers Adviser (drop-ins happen most days) or a Placement Co-ordinator if you are a Second Year Student. A special ‘CV surgery’ will also be held on Monday 16 March, 11am – 3pm in the Careers Centre, specifically to help you prepare for the Spring Recruitment Fair. No booking is required, simply drop-in on the day.
- Practice ‘pitching yourself’ – Employer feedback from previous Fairs tells us students sometimes stumble at this first stage. You can use the 'Elevator Pitch Tool' on MyCareerHub to improve your confidence when explaining your course and career ambitions.
- Keep an open mind – Companies offer roles across a range of departments, don’t just assume a hotel company is only looking for hospitality students or a law firm only wants law students. Organisations have a huge variety of roles to fill, so think broadly, and think creatively!
- Have fun! This is an informal event and organisations come to campus to meet a diverse range of students from all backgrounds, courses, year groups and levels of experience. You have nothing to lose – so why not come along!
Find out what students have said about previous recruitment fair events