The IT Service Desk is here to help you with any IT related issues with BU hardware, software and networks. We can provide support with computers, equipment (e.g. screens, phones and printers), network access, application and software support, and email services - just to name a few examples.
Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in various forms:
- 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, full service support is available on campus
- 5pm – 8am, Monday to Friday, and all day on weekends, basic first line support over the phone is available through our Out of Hours team.
Here’s how to get in touch:
- Visit the Self-service portal (watch the self-help video for user information)
- Give us a call any time, any day on 01202 965515 (Note: our Out of Hours Team will assist with basic first line support over the phone on weekends and between 5pm and 8am each day).
- Talk to us using the Online chat service (8am – 4.45pm, Monday – Friday)
- Drop by our service counters in Poole House, PG16 or on the 7th floor, Studland House (9am – 5pm Monday - Friday)
- Talk to our student ambassadors stationed in The Sir Michael Cobham Library Help Zone, 5pm – 7pm during term time.
- Weekly Wednesday pop-up surgeries in Fusion Building FG20, 10am – 4pm, run by our IT Learning Centre.
Looking for general information?
Search our IT Knowledge Base for self-help and ‘how-to’ guides, and check out our Little Book of IT for some useful information on the IT and Digital services available at BU.