Please be aware this event has now been cancelled.
After a successful pilot last year, the Spring Recruitment Fair is returning to BU on Thursday 19 March 2020, between 11am – 3pm in the Student Centre at Talbot Campus.
Last year over 40 organisations and 951 students attended the recruitment fair with exhibiting companies representing a wide range of sectors:
Business, Finance, Commercial, HR, Design, Engineering, Event Management, Fundraising & Sales, Healthcare, IT, Law, Management, Marketing, Advertising & Digital Media, Teaching, Tourism & Hospitality.
The full list of companies attending this year and the potential jobs and sectors they are recruiting to has now been finalised and is avaliable to view on the myCareerHub event page.
This event is ideal for students from any year group and will give you the opportunity to talk to organisations about upcoming graduate jobs, placements, paid summer jobs and internships. BU Graduates are welcome to attend this event and you can find out more about the Spring Recruitment Fair on myCareerHub.
This is your last opportunity this academic year to network with employers on campus so make sure you make the most of it!
Top tips to make the most of the fair
- Research the companies that are attending to impress them when talking at the Fair – the list of companies including the job roles and sectors they are recruiting for has been confirmed and is avaliable to view on the myCareerHub event page.
- Get your CV checked ahead of time via the online tools on MyCareerHub, a BU Careers Adviser (drop-ins happen most days) or a Placement Co-ordinator if you are a Second Year Student. A special ‘CV surgery’ will also be held on Monday 16 March, 11am – 3pm in the Careers Centre, specifically to help you prepare for the Spring Recruitment Fair. No booking is required, simply drop-in on the day.
- Practice ‘pitching yourself’ – Employer feedback from previous Fairs tells us students sometimes stumble at this first stage. You can use the 'Elevator Pitch Tool' on MyCareerHub to improve your confidence when explaining your course and career ambitions.
- Keep an open mind – Companies offer roles across a range of departments, don’t just assume a hotel company is only looking for hospitality students or a law firm only wants law students. Organisations have a huge variety of roles to fill, so think broadly, and think creatively!
- Have fun! This is an informal event and organisations come to campus to meet a diverse range of students from all backgrounds, courses, year groups and levels of experience. You have nothing to lose – so why not come along!
Find out what students have said about previous recruitment fair events
Get advice from a BU graduate
15 minute one-to-one sessions with two of our BU graduates will be held on the ground floor of the Student Centre during the Spring Recruitment Fair. Book a slot to speak with them to get a better understanding of your future career, build your professional network and find out what it takes to get ahead.
Our mentors have experience in the following areas:
- Helen Rivero – HR consultant with experience across the corporate and educational sectors.
- Rebecca Bright – qualified solicitor able to provide advice on entering the legal sector.
Find out more about about our mentors and book your slot.
Prepare for job hunting in the creative industries
Before heading to the Spring Recruitment Fair, join the Programme Leader for Advertising in a session to help you prepare for job hunting in the creative industries and learn how to pitch yourself like a pro.
Find out more and book your place on myCareerHub.