On Monday 1 September, SportBU opened its doors for the first time in 165 days! The teams' main priority is the safety and enjoyment of those who use the facilities and have worked hard to make this goal a reality.
As this is a gradual re-opening, please note a change in our opening hours throughout September:
- w/c 1 September: Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- w/c 14 September: Open Monday to Friday, 7.15am to 7pm; Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm
- w/c 28 September: Open Monday to Friday, 7.15am to 10.30pm; Saturday and Sunday 9am to 6pm.
The safety of the gym members has always been at the heart of SportBU and this more prominent than ever. They will be demonstrating best practices for social distancing and other cleanliness measures set out by the government, as well as relevant sporting governing bodies.
Your continued support is always highly valued, especially during these uncertain times. SportBU is honouring the extension of any membership, matching any outstanding durations at the point of closure on 20 March 2020.
Additionally, they are extending their trial membership to three days, allowing people to attend both the gym and fitness classes - as well as see first-hand how they have adapted - completely free of charge. Class timetables for September will be available on their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts soon.
Updates regarding other SportBU services such as performance sports, rehabilitation, campus sport, Academy of Performance coaching and more can also be found via the coronavirus service update webpage.
If you're looking to visit SportBU soon, please read the below before you arrive:
- Some equipment has been removed, including stretching/yoga mats so please bring your own. Members can also purchase these from our reception desk.
- Showers and changing rooms temporarily out of use
- Lockers are temporarily out of use
- No bags or towels can be brought into the facility - just bring yourself and some water
- If you purchased a locker last year, the time you had remaining at the start of lockdown will be honored
- You may access your locker but cannot use it currently as the changing rooms are temporarily out of use
- You must book pre-book your slot in the gym/fitness class. This is due to capacity restrictions across the site. Gym slots are 55 minutes long which you can book, along with classes online.
If lockdown has taught us anything, it’s that personal health of family and friends is paramount. So, as we gradually reopen services here at SportBU we pledge to do our best to support you to best achieve your personal goals. If you have any specific questions not answered in the above text or that isn’t address on the coronavirus service update webpage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.