Students will also be able to travel for free on all UNIBUS services from Monday 21 September to Friday 25 September 2020 while you get organised.
Changes to UNIBUS services from 21 September 2020
All UNIBUS services will have a reduced capacity of 38 passengers seated in order to comply with government Covid-19 measures. To ensure safe travel on UNIBUS services, we ask that passengers only travel to campus during morning and peak periods if their journey is essential (e.g. for academic activity).
For non-academic journeys to campus, we suggest travelling outside of peak times (after 10am and before 4pm, or after 6pm). You are able to view your bus’s exact location on a map and see how busy your bus is on the ‘How busy is my bus’ online checking tool. You can then make the decision to travel or to wait until the next service comes along.
The U2 service will run on an hourly basis. Passengers travelling from/to Poole are advised to consider the morebus 17 service timetable for journeys to/from Talbot Campus. The 17 service operates on a 30-minute frequency, Mondays to Fridays and UNIBUS annual pass holders can travel on this service at no extra cost.
UNIBUS fares can be viewed on the UNIBUS fares webpage.
UNIBUS passengers are advised to purchase annual passes and multi trip tickets through the UNIBUS mobile phone app to save money and avoid paying by cash on the bus. To purchase discounted tickets, students will need to follow the instructions provided online and enter the monthly discount code.
Students are reminded of the following UNIBUS offers:
- You can use a UNIBUS pass on all morebus zone A network services
- Staff can save 10% on their bus travel in morebus zones AB & ABC using the quarterly discount code at morebus.thekey.co.uk/smart-card/
- Child fares are available on all other morebus routes at any time by showing your BU staff ID card to the driver. Separate fares apply on night buses.
For Yellow Bus routes please see the Yellow Buses website for the latest service and fare information.
Travelling safely by bus
BU has been working with the UNIBUS service provider Go SouthCoast to provide safe travel on the service. Those travelling by bus should follow the guidance provided.
UNIBUS is undertaking appropriate measures to help students get around safely by bus. When waiting for a bus at the Talbot Campus bus hub, passengers are asked to respect others and help us all to stay safe by:
- Keeping your distance where possible
- Prepare for travelling by wearing face coverings when waiting
- Give priority boarding to people with accessibility needs
- Follow the instructions of bus company staff.