Join us on Wednesday 23 September from 11am – 2pm for our BU Part-time & Volunteering Jobs Fair – online edition.
Connect with organisations who are looking to employ BU students into part-time paid and volunteering roles that fit around your studies.
From the comfort of your own home/phone you can find out more about the opportunities available and apply. Just be sure to have your CV ready to send to employers on the day – see below for more advice and guidance.
Tops tips for students looking for part-time paid work and volunteering roles at Job Fairs.
- Have your CV ready to send to employers on the day. Usually we say to tailor a CV to different roles/organisations, but for a Jobs Fair that is impossible and the employers understand that. Find out more about how to write an effective CV.
- Apply throughout the year. MyCareerHub jobs board has part-time roles, placements, and graduate level opportunities available to apply for throughout the year.
- Consider volunteering. Find out more about the benefits of volunteering. Gain insights from our students into how volunteering can truly launch your career, develop your employability skills, and help the local community.
- Follow CareersBU & SUBU on social media for advice, jobs and events:
CareersBU: LinkedIn | Twitter (better for job hunting than you may realise!) | Facebook
SUBU: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Become familiar with the tools on MyCareerHub. Look at our Homepage, Essential resources, Guide to job hunting, CV360 - CV improvement tool, practice pitching yourself, and join our Work-It! webinars.
- Interested in Placements? Connect with your Placement Coordinator.
Dates for your diary
- 19 – 23 October 2020 - Your Career Week 2020 – online edition
- 25 November 2020 - Nursing, Health & Social Sciences Careers Fair 2020 – online edition