The Bournemouth Gateway Building (BGB) will open on Monday 11 January to support the delivery of essential teaching within the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences and to provide access to the Weston Library and Open Access computing facilities.
We understand that the delayed opening of the building has been frustrating. We have been working with contractors to make sure all issues are resolved, and apologise for any impact this may have had on you.
Important things you need to know
- BGB will open between 8am to 8pm every day. It’s really important you bring your student ID card with you every time you visit the building, as you’ll need this to access all the facilities
- You cannot drink the water in the building until further notice – this includes the water provided by boiling water taps. Free bottled water will be given to all building users from the main reception, located on the ground floor
- The Weston Library located on the ground floor of the building will be open for Reserve and Collect services (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and bookable study spaces (8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday). To book your study space and for further information on library services, please visit the website
- The Open Access Centre currently in Studland House, will continue to be available between the hours of 8am to 6pm until Monday 11 January. It will close permanently early on the morning of Monday 11 January and re-open on the ground floor of BGB on the same day
- The Alumni Café will remain closed until further notice, but you’re welcome to bring food and hot drinks in with you. A number of shops and coffee outlets remain open within the Lansdowne area providing take-away services. A number of vending machines providing drinks and snacks will also be made available in the coming weeks
- The AskBU service desk located on the ground floor of the building will be closed until further notice, however services remain accessible remotely. Please head to the website for up to date information on their services
- If you travel to campus by bike, you’ll find the secure compounds next to the main car park. If you need access, please speak to one of the reception team at the main desk and they will update your student ID card for you. The changing rooms located on the ground floor of the building will remain closed until further notice
- The HSS reception will be closed until further notice. Students wishing to speak to their Programme Support team should make an appointment in advance by emailing [email protected].
For more information about the buildings and services currently open on our campuses, please visit our 'What's open on campus?' webpage.