To help students who have been financially impacted by Covid-19, BU is offering the following support fund which is open for application:
- The BU Covid-19 Impact Support Fund is intended to support BU students who are being financially impacted by the coronavirus pandemic and who have lost income due to Covid-19. The fund is open to all students who are actively engaged with their studies and enrolled at BU. The deadline to apply is Friday 16 July 2021 (If funds are exhausted prior to this date, the fund will close early) - find out if you’re eligible to apply.
We’ve put together some helpful information about financial guidance during Covid-19. You can also check the other financial support available from BU and external partners. If you have any queries, please contact our AskBU team:
External agencies also share useful resources that may help with your financial planning whilst at university. It is worth giving these a read:
- UCAS detail ten things you need to know about saving money whilst at university – from managing an overdraft, making the most of student deals to checking if you’re covered by your parents’ home insurance - these savvy tips will help you save money if you are living away from home
- Save the Student share a comprehensive list of 83 practical ways to save money as a student, showing how easy it is to get discounts and freebies when you know where to look
- The Money Saving Expert is always a good website to check for all your finance needs. This article gives advice on how to financially prepare before you go to university
- Read the new edition of Student Money Matters magazine with lots of tips to help you stay finance savvy.