Second call: Now open to postgraduate and undergraduate applicants.
Through the Santander Scholarship, BU is offering 5 fully funded places on a 4-week digital skills programme with Pagoda Projects to help you develop your digital skills, improve your employability, and improve your ‘work readiness’ for a post-pandemic career.
This exciting new programme for summer 2021 is for students who are looking to enhance their future prospects through a fun and interactive summer course, with minimal commitment of time and that’s flexible to work around your busy lives.
This opportunity with Pagoda Projects will help you develop the knowledge to communicate effectively within an international team and global workplace, tackle the job market with confidence and improve your understanding of ‘digital’ implications of work. Certifications will be awarded following each completed skills course which can then be used in your CV and portfolio.
Start date: 2 August 2021
Scholarship fund: If successful, the full cost of the 4-week digital programme will be covered by The Santander Scholarship. Five spaces are available to BU students.
Find out more
Pagoda Projects are running an information session via Zoom on Wednesday 26 May at 2pm.
Register to attend: https://bournemouth-ac-uk.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0lc-yorDsrE9auNxsYiCtm4G559wVmTyLt
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing details about joining the meeting. There’s also further information on the Pagoda Projects website.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Santander Scholarship, you must:
- Be a BU PG or UG student. You can apply for the scholarship if you are a BU full-time student undertaking a Foundation, Diploma, Postgraduate or Undergraduate degree. Unfortunately, this excludes franchise, validation, and shared delivery courses as well as off-campus delivery programmes.
How will I be selected?
We will assess your application based on how well you demonstrate:
- How receiving the Santander Scholarship funding will enable you to undertake this opportunity and why you wouldn’t be able to do so without the scholarship
- How receiving the Santander Scholarship will enable you to undertake this opportunity
- How the virtual programme will help you develop professionally and improve skills relevant to your career goals
- How the programme will enhance your intercultural competence and global awareness
- Your commitment to completing the programme.
How to apply
To apply please read through all the eligibility criteria and complete an application form by 23.00 on Monday 31 May 2021 (BST).
Apply directly via the Santander Scholarship platform.
When will I find out if I am successful? And next steps
By 7 June 2021 you will receive an email confirming the outcome of your application and informing you of the next steps. If successful, you will receive the funding directly from BU. It is your responsibility to ensure the funding received is paid to the organisation or provider before any given deadlines. The activity start date of 2 August 2021 is fixed and cannot be changed.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact the Global Engagement Mobility Team at [email protected].