Whether you are new to BU or are returning to campus this September, you will need to consider your travel options. BU’s Travel & Transport Team have outlined useful information as well as some tips and tricks that could save you money this semester.
Walking, running and cycling continue to offer the cheapest, healthiest and most sustainable forms of travel for students and staff coming to campus. Active Travel is a great way to incorporate daily exercise into your commute whilst saving money and helping the environment.
Did you know?
- Student and staff discounts are available for walking and cycling equipment across a range of local and national shops. Visit the student or staff discount pages for more information
- BU offer support to help you buy, loan or borrow bikes at low prices. Visit the Travel & Transport webpages to find out more
- You can obtain a free 100-minute bundle to use on Beryl Bike and Scooters by downloading the Beryl app and creating an account using your BU student email address. Once registered, use the code BUBERYL100 to get your free minutes.
- Students and staff can attend free Bike Maintenance sessions that will be available on campus each month to keep your bike in top condition. All labour is completely free with payment required only for any replacement parts that may be needed. You can find out more on the BU website.
- BU offer free cycling safety courses in conjunction with BCP and Beryl to help build confidence when riding on the roads. If you are interested in the upcoming sessions in October, please email [email protected].
All students and staff are encouraged to download the UNIBUS app to access real time travel information and plan their journey on the move. The app allows you to purchase tickets directly and will replace the need to have a physical ‘KeyCard’ on you.
Travel on all UNIBUS services will be free for students and staff between Monday 13 September and Friday 24 September, this gives you time to get prepared for the year ahead.
Yellow Buses are excited to welcome you back to their services this academic year. The latest information about Yellow Bus is available on their website.
Please note that from 5 September there will be a change to Route No.6 – you can view all changes to this route here.
The BU lift share scheme is currently suspended pending a review. Students and staff travelling to campus together are still able to access the lift share bays on either campus. These can be found in PH Reserved Car Park and Studland House Car Park.
If you are unsure on which mode of transport is best for you, please contact the Travel & Transport Team on [email protected] who will be happy to carry out a personalised travel plan for you to help you assess your options. There is also more information available throughout the year on our Travel & Transport webpages.