The BU Student Wellbeing counselling and wellbeing advice service will be closed between Friday 17 December and Sunday 9 January.
If you are worried about your mental health and need advice or support whilst this service is closed, there are resources to help.
If you are in Dorset, you can call Connection at any time on 0800 652 0190 for 24 hour access to mental health advice and support.
If you are concerned about another BU student staying in Bournemouth over the winter break, you can access emergency welfare support through the university out of hours’ service on 01202 962222.
You may also find the following external services helpful if you need immediate support:
- Steps 2 Wellbeing for anxiety, depression, stress, mental health and wellbeing
- NHS 111 the non-emergency number to contact the NHS
- Police 101 the non-emergency number to contact the police if it is less urgent than a 999 call
- Samaritans for free 24-hourl support
- The Shores - Dorset Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) if you have experienced sexual abuse
- UKCISA for concise and student friendly guidance on all aspects of international student support including immigration
- The Retreat for NHS crisis and support services. Open daily 4.30pm until midnight
- GOV.UK - Find an immigration adviser if you need urgent immigration representation
- Hubofhope.co.uk - If you need support when you are not in the Bournemouth area and are unsure where your nearest support service is, you can search for mental health and crisis support by putting in your postcode or location.
Please also see our Health and Wellbeing webpages for further details.