BU2025 is the next step in BU’s development, building on our success. We have retained the core of what makes BU different, and the culture and approach that our students and staff value.
Our vision – BU2025
To be recognised world-wide as a leading university for inspiring learning, advancing knowledge and enriching society through the fusion of education, research and practice.
Our purpose is to inspire learning, advance knowledge and enrich society.
- Inspire learning, for our students and staff, and in our wider communities
- Advance knowledge in practice and the professions and our academic areas
- Enrich society through education, the impact of our research and our contribution to global challenges.
Our values are excellence, inclusivity, creativity and responsibility.
We strive for excellence in everything that we do.
We value and respect diversity and act to ensure that we are inclusive.
We are imaginative, innovative and create solutions to problems.
We take responsibility for the impact of our actions and focus our activity as a learning community on making a positive contribution to society.
Our BU2025 outcomes
We have defined the outcomes that we expect to see by 2025 for students, staff and society.
We have established our distinctive Fusion culture and communities
- We have a worldwide reputation for our distinctive co-created Fusion approach
- Our vibrant Fusion communities are collaborative, inclusive and resilient and connected world-wide
- The BU learning experience is personalised, inter-disciplinary and consistently excellent.
We are a catalyst for sustainable social, environmental and economic growth and development
- We are a catalyst for impact by advancing knowledge, creativity and innovation
- We drive social and economic growth and development through our staff, students and graduates
- We support the development of the region and lead thinking on sustainability.
Our students and staff thrive through Fusion
- We attract and develop students and staff who thrive as lifelong learners through Fusion
- Staff lead in their disciplines and professions and as members of high performing teams
- We have a diverse and inclusive environment that enables achievement for all.
We enrich society by having a significant impact on challenges world-wide
- Through Fusion we have a positive impact worldwide on the challenges facing society
- Staff, students and graduates enrich society as active citizens in their communities
- Our worldwide partnerships strengthen our shared impact.
We produce some of the most sought-after graduates in the world, preparing them for challenging and flexible futures. In 2016 92.3% of BU undergraduates were either employed or in further study six months after graduation (Source: Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey).
If you want to find out more visit our BU2025: our vision, values and strategic plan website.