Taking place from Saturday 7 – Saturday 14 November 2020, this celebration of the social sciences takes place across the UK – via public debates, conferences, workshops, interactive seminars, film screenings, virtual exhibitions and much more.
The festival provides an excellent opportunity for BU researchers to try their hand at public engagement with research. Events can target a variety of non-academic audiences including young people, the public, third sector, business or government.
Support for events is provided by BU’s Public Engagement with Research team and funding of up to £1,000 is available to deliver your event.
The festival is currently still planned to go ahead, but we cannot predict what social distancing measures may still be in place. To account for this, you may propose either;
- An online/ remote event or activity, which can be delivered regardless of whether measures restricting events are still in place or have been lifted.
- An in-person event or activity, with an online/remote backup plan.
How to apply
Bournemouth University is an official festival partner and will run several events as part of the festival. Applicants should apply directly to BU’s Public Engagement team, NOT to the ESRC.
- Read the applicant guidelines
- Complete the application form
- Submit your form by email to email@example.com