The following original documents are required prior to any work assignment.
You will be contacted by our HR team to provide all the following documents in person before you can commence any work or paid training with us.
Documents 1-6 are required for all appointments. Documents 7-9 will be specifically requested if they are required.
- Documents to confirm your right to work in the UK (pdf 83kb). If you are unable to provide these original documents (not copies), please contact us before completing any other documents.
- Rehabilitation of ex-offenders form
- Payroll details form
- P45 from previous employer OR HMRC 'New Starter' checklist
- HESA form (Higher Education Statistics Agency)
- Occupational Health Pre-Employment Questionnaire*
In addition, for some roles where driving is required, you will be asked to provide the following to your recruiting supervisor:
- Signed copy of the BU Driver Declaration & Authorisation Form (for students who hold a valid driving licence)
- Driving licence summary (check the validity online)
- Your original driver’s licence photocard. A copy will be taken and kept on file.
The University holds and processes information in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in confirming acceptance of this agreement, you give your consent to the holding and processing of such information about you (including personal data and sensitive personal data e.g. health declaration). You have a right to see your personal record and further information is available from Human Resources via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01202 961 133.
- Course Ambassador Job Description
- Digital Marketing Ambassador Job Description
- Student Ambassador Job Description
You should submit your timesheets promptly after each work assignment on Dashboard.
*Occupational health online questionnaire
In order for the University to support you in your new role, we need to ask a few questions in relation to your health and wellbeing.
Please complete our Occupational Health Pre-Employment Questionnaire. It may feel like you are providing personal information again, but that is because once submitted, the form is only accessible to our Occupational Health Team, not Human Resources.
Any information you provide remains confidential and is only shared where we may seek additional recommendations from occupational health experts about how to best provide any support or reasonable adjustments for you. Should you have any questions about the completion of the Occupational Health Pre-Employment Questionnaire, please direct them to email@example.com.
Please note, your appointment is subject to medical clearance and is a key part of the recruitment process. Your start date with BU is reliant on receipt of your completed questionnaire.