Settling in to your placement can feel a little bit like your first few weeks at university - that's ok and perfectly normal! If you do have any concerns the below information may help, or you can always talk to your employer or your Placement Development Adviser.
5 steps to a great start:
- Be clear about what you need to do to pass your placement
- Be prepared. You only get one chance to make a first impression
- Be curious, asking questions and taking notes
- Be focused and think about what you want to achieve from your time with this organisation
- Be proactive! Arrange time with your line manager to clarify the priorities for your role.