Please note: this fund has now closed - the deadline to apply for this fund was 5 March 2021.
The BU Accommodation Support Fund is intended to support students who are in accommodation where no rent rebate, credit, grant or reduction is currently being offered.
To be eligible for this support, you must:
- Have been impacted financially by Covid-19
- Have a rent contract with a private accommodation provider
- Have not been offered any form of rent rebate/credit/grant or reduction from your accommodation provider
- Not have used your accommodation you pay rent to, between 11 January - 5 March 2021
- Not pay rent directly to BU and to other partner accommodation providers, where rent credit/rebate schemes are in place
- Be actively engaged in study and fully enrolled on a BU course.
How much may I be eligible for?
Where a student's application is successful, they will be awarded a one-off payment of £300.
There is a limited funding available and we are unable to guarantee an award, even if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Students will be notified after the deadline on the outcome of their application.