Faculty library teams provide academic support for the faculties through subject advice, support for skills development and identifying library resource needs. Each member of the team has a specific responsibility to an academic faculty, department, subject area or groups of courses.
Subject advice and skills development
Faculty library teams provide subject advice and skills development support through:
- 1:1 or small group subject advice sessions
- Taught sessions (contact your faculty library team to arrange a session for your programme or unit)
- Online skills support via library and study skills area on Brightspace
Library acquisitions are underpinned by the Library Collection and Access Development Plan 2015-2018 (PDF) and are identified and prioritized by faculty library teams through:
Provide a strategic level of liaison between faculties and Library and Learning Support. They are responsible for:
- Managing Academic Liaison Librarians to ensure subject advice and skills development for staff and students teaching, studying and researching within the Faculty
- Identifying and prioritising the library resource needs of students, staff and researchers in sync with the annual budgetary planning cycle.
Academic Liaison Librarians
Provide an operational level of liaison between Library and Learning Support and the courses or subject areas that they work with. They are responsible for:
- Contributing to the day-to-day delivery of subject advice and skills development (including information literacy and study skills)
- Day-to-day liaison to identify the library resource needs of students, staff and researchers.