Our libraries are equipped with a full range of facilities for students, researchers and staff members. Each library offers areas for silent study and social learning/group work and is equipped with computers and facilities for printing, photocopying and scanning.
Our printed resources are divided between the two campuses as follows:
Bournemouth House Library, Lansdowne Campus contains printed resources for:
- Business and management - postgraduate level
- Nursing, midwifery and health studies
- Psychology, social sciences, social policy.
This library also houses the Library Store.
The Sir Michael Cobham Library contains printed resources for:
- Accounting, archaeology, advertising and public relations
- Arts, business studies
- Computing, economics, environmental sciences
- Forensic science, heritage conservation, hospitality
- Industry and trade, industrial design
- Languages, law, literature
- Management, marketing
- Media studies, product engineering
- Social sciences, science and tourism.
The Sir Michael Cobham Library also houses special collections of unique, historical or research significance.
- Technology-rich spaces designed for up to six people to work on group assignments or plan presentations
- Equipped with a PC, large screen and power point for your own laptop
- Available at each of our libraries. The technobooths at Bournemouth House Library and The Sir Michael Cobham Library can be booked via MyPC. See our guide to Booking library PCs, technobooths and study rooms for more details.
At The Sir Michael Cobham Library there are:
- PCs on all floors, some of which are bookable, and some iMacs on the ground floor
- Silent study zones - on floors two to four
- Group and social learning areas - on the ground and first floors
- Quiet individual study spaces with PCs - on the ground floor
- Postgraduate areas for silent and group study
- Two bookable group study rooms DL117 and DL202 equipped with data projector and screen. Book via MyPC.
For more information, see our guide to Booking library PCs, technobooths and study rooms .
At Bournemouth House there is:
- A silent study room with bookable PCs - near the Library entrance
- A further study room with PCs - near the Library entrance
- A silent study room - at the rear of the library
- A quiet individual study area - at the rear of the library.
- Group study areas - near the entrance and Library Help Zone.
- Extensive wireless coverage provides secure access to electronic resources for students and staff using personal laptops. More information on the wireless network
- Wireless printing to university networked printers can be set up on laptops running Windows or Mac operating systems. A help sheet is available at the Library Help Zone or online via the IT Knowledge Base.