University Music offers a wide range of exceptional musical opportunities to BU/AUB students and staff, as well as to members of the local community.
Whether you are looking to sing in a choir, play in an orchestra or band, take lessons, or you just want to listen to excellent music - find out below how you can access all that we offer.
Find out more
We have a range of ensembles that rehearse weekly during term time.
- Big Band
- Chamber Choir
- Choir (large scale choral society)
- Musical Theatre Choir
- String Ensemble
- A range of smaller student led ensembles and bands
All of the above give regular performances which are part of our comprehensive University Music Events Programme.
Practice rooms at Talbot House are open for use seven days a week, all year round, 8.00am-9.00pm. For door codes please contact the Music Admin team.
Music Admin Office
The Admin Office is open during semester time only.
- 17 September - 14 December 2018
- 7 January - 5 April 2019
- 29 April - 21 June 2019
Music Centre location and venues
University Music is based in the Music Centre, Talbot House which is part of Bournemouth University’s Talbot Campus.
Other regular venues that University Music perform at throughout the concert season include:
- Christchurch Priory, BH23 1BU
- Kimmeridge Hall, Kimmeridge House, Talbot Campus, Bournemouth University, BH12 5BB
- Poole Guildhall, Market St, BH15 1NF
- Salisbury Cathedral, SP1 2EJ
- South House Theatre, Arts University Bournemouth (next to Talbot Campus), BH12 5HH
- St. Ambrose Church, Westbourne, BH4 8BE
- St. Peter’s Church, Bournemouth Town Centre, BH1 2EE
- St. Stephen’s Church, St Stephen's Way, BH2 6JZ
- Student Hall, Talbot House, Talbot Campus, Bournemouth University, BH12 5BB
- The Royal Bath Hotel Ballroom, Bournemouth Town Centre, BH1 2EW.
- Winchester Cathedral, SO23 9LS
Members of the University Music Choir and Chamber Choir will be taking part in the following performances as part of our 2018/19 events programme. These challenging pieces have been chosen to develop musicality and enjoyment. All music will be provided alongside your membership.
- Burton Responses
- Stanford in G
- Bainton: And I saw a new heaven
- Rachmaninov: Vespers
- Mozart: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
- Faure: Requiem
Sunday 26 May: St. Ambrose, Westbourne at 7.30pm
- Purcell: Come ye Sons of Art, Away
- Esenvalds: Stars
- Bach: Lobet den Herrn
- Haydn: Nelson Mass
Plus our regular lunchtime concerts and recitals on campus.