Once you have joined the ECDL programme, you can study using the online learning materials at work or at home. Study is online at your own pace.
Gain the ECDL Essentials (Level 1) certificate by passing :
- Module 1: IT user fundamentals and IT security for users - Level 1
- Module 2: Using the computer and managing files / IT fundamentals - Level 1
- Module 7: Web browsing and communication / using the Internet and Email - Level 1.
Gain the ECDL Extras (Level 2) by passing:
- Module 3: Word processing - Level 2
- Module 4: Spreadsheets - Level 2
- Module 6: Presentations - Level 2
- Module 8: Improving productivity - Level 2.
ECDL testing sessions normally take place on Tuesday and Friday mornings between 9.30am and 12 midday, in our exam room [S112] located in Studland House at the Lansdowne Campus.
Please email ECDL for more details.
Fees and funding
Fees for 2015/16: from £167 - £330 depending on the package that you choose
- ECDL essentials & extras package: £330
- ECDL essentials package: £167
- ECDL extras package: £212
How to apply
To sign up for the European Computer driving Licence (ECDL) at Bournemouth University, email ECDL and complete the ECDL booking form.
When we receive your form:
- You will be sent a receipt for any monies paid and any other necessary information
- You will be provided with contact details should you require further support
- All relevant information concerning your online learning materials will be given.
ECDL Essentials and ECDL Extras are recognised by the Qualification Credit Framework [QCF] and each is a separate qualification; this is why you have to register for each one separately.