This highly valued qualification is primarily intended for non-law graduates planning to enter the legal profession. Accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the course will prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities and further study.
After completing the course, you can continue your studies on BU’s Legal Practice Course (LPC), the vocational stage of training for solicitors. Alternatively, if you’re interested in qualifying as a barrister, you can seek advice on the Bar Vocational Course from barristers in the law team.
- Acquire knowledge of the foundation law subjects and of the English Legal Systems and processes required by The Law Society and The General Council of the Bar
- Develop the ability to analyse legal problems and provide a range of solutions to them
- Gain a critical understanding of contemporary legal issues and develop the ability to synthesise and challenge legal doctrines and concepts
- Research and write a paper on a further area of law that interests you, and that you may wish to pursue in the future.
- Benefit from a focused learning environment and individual support from our experienced academic staff, whose education is informed by their professional qualifications and experience as well as their research and publication interests.
- Graduate able to proceed to the vocational stage of legal education
Next start date:
Thursday 3 September 2020, September 2021
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
Solicitors Regulation Authority
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in each component of speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.