Why study Graduate Diploma in Law at BU?
- Acquire knowledge of the foundation law subjects of the English Legal Systems and processes required by The Law Society and The General Council of the Bar
- Develop the skills to analyse legal problems and provide a range of solutions to them
- Gain a critical understanding of contemporary legal issues and develop the ability to synthesise and challenge legal doctrines and concepts
- Research and write a paper on a further area of law that interests you, and that you may wish to pursue in the future
- Benefit from a focused learning environment and individual support from our experienced academic staff, whose education is informed by professional qualifications, experience and research
- Graduates will be able to proceed to the vocational stage of legal education.
For September 2022 entry: The GDL is intended for those wanting to qualify as a barrister via the BTC route. From 31 August 2021, this route does not apply to those wanting to qualify as a solicitor via the LPC. We are currently developing a new Postgraduate provision for those wanting to qualify as a solicitor via the Solicitors Qualifying Examination from September 2022. Please contact Jamie Fletcher, [email protected], for more information.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in each component of speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.