Why study Graduate Diploma in Law at BU?
- Acquire knowledge of the foundation law subjects and of the English Legal Systems and processes required by The Law Society and The General Council of the Bar
- Develop the skills to analyse legal problems and provide a range of solutions to them
- Gain a critical understanding of contemporary legal issues and develop the ability to synthesise and challenge legal doctrines and concepts
- Research and write a paper on a further area of law that interests you, and that you may wish to pursue in the future
- Benefit from a focused learning environment and individual support from our experienced academic staff, whose education is informed by professional qualifications, experience and research
- Graduate able to proceed to the vocational stage of legal education
After completing the course, you can continue your studies on BU’s LLM in Legal Practice course to help prepare you for the Training Contract phase of training and beyond. Alternatively, if you’re interested in qualifying as a barrister, you can seek advice on the Bar Vocational Course from barristers in the law team.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
Solicitors Regulation Authority
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in each component of speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.