As the first UK university to offer a postgraduate degree in sound, this degree will develop your understanding of how sound design is used in image-based narrative formats such as film, television or the game sector. You’ll develop a multitude of skills to equip you with the knowledge to enter a range of employment areas such as TV, Film, Digital, Media and Video games.
- You’ll have the opportunity to tell original stories, collaborating with students across a range of disciplines including the chance to collaborate computer generated material through Bournemouth University’s National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) or via other creative ventures.
- You’ll graduate with an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, indicating professionalism and industry relevance in moving image education and training.
- As part of the AVID Learning Partnership, this course has greater relevance and credibility within the industry. We offer students the opportunity to take the Pro Tools 101 exam as part of the programme.
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication.
- You’ll have the advantage of working in a range of specialist facilities, including purpose-built post-production sound suites for SFX editorial, track-lay and stereo mixing, a Foley/ADR studio, an AVID S6 equipped 7.1 dubbing theatre and Dolby ATMOS mixing theatre.
- The course is one of the few sound design programmes recognised by BAFTA UK as an eligible course for the BAFTA UK Scholarship Programme.
For September 2021 entry:In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses.
This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in January 2021 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
The International Moving Image Society (IMIS)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all other components, or above. For more information check out our full entry requirements.