This is a guide to the normal entry requirements, assuming you’ve followed the Icelandic education system. An admissions tutor will study your application, so make sure you include your academic background and personal information when you apply.
Entry requirements vary depending on what sort of course you’re coming to BU to study.
- BU International College Foundation Certificates – You can undertake a Foundation Certificate before going on to an undergraduate course if you have successfully completed 12 years of schooling in Iceland and achieved a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 5.0.
- Undergraduate courses – You can apply to study a Bachelor’s degree from year one if you hold a Stúdentspróf with a minimum grade of 6.0+.
- Top-up courses – You need a minimum of two years of tertiary study to apply for a Top-up course, and the subject area you have studied must be similar to that of the Top-up course you are applying for. Contact our International Admissions Team to discuss your qualifications and what Top-up courses you are eligible for.
- Postgraduate courses – If you have a Bachelor’s degree, or a Baccalaurreatus with a minimum grade of 6 +, you can apply for a taught postgraduate degree with us.
- Research programmes – You need any postgraduate degree to be considered for a BU research programme.
You can find more information about English language requirements for entry to BU on our English language requirements page.
If you need help with your visa or want more information about the immigration process, you can find it on our immigration information page.