Skip to main content

Information for non-EEA nationals

If you are from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), you will need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa. These are awarded under the Points-Based System (PBS). You will also need to make sure you pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS).

Immigration rules and regulations change frequently, so you should check the following websites for the most up-to-date information:

  • UKVI
  • UKCISA has information about applying for your Tier 4 (general) student visa.

When you receive your visa, you should check the details carefully and make sure you understand all of the conditions of your entry to the UK.

These conditions will include whether you have to register with the police, whether you can work while you are studying and will confirm the date your visa expires.

If you have any questions about your visa application or the conditions of your visa, please contact us.