Our annual full-time tuition fee for international (non-EU) students joining us in 2021/22 is between £14,100 and £15,000 for an undergraduate (BA/BSc/BEng) degree delivered at one of our campuses or partner colleges.
For more information about the fees applicable to specific courses, please see your offer letter if you already have one. Alternatively, visit our course pages.
If you are studying a course that includes a work placement, making it four years long instead of three, the placement year carries a much lower fee – currently £850.
We operate a price-freezing policy for all of our international fee-paying students. This means that you will pay the same annual fee (with the exception of your placement year) for the duration of your course at BU, allowing you to budget more effectively.
This applies to all undergraduate students who are classed as international for fee purposes and the amount you pay will be based on your first year’s tuition fee.
Paying your fees
There are a number of ways for you to pay your fees each year. You can choose to pay in a single lump sum, or split the cost into two equal instalments and can make your payments in person, by post or online.
All payments must be made in pounds sterling (£).
We accept cash payments, cheques (made payable to Bournemouth University), banker’s drafts, payment by credit or debit card and electronic transfers. If you are paying by credit card, please note that we accept Visa and MasterCard. If you are paying by debit card, we accept Delta, Electron, Maestro, Solo and Visa debit cards.
Bournemouth University has also partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the process of international payments. peerTransfer allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency.
By making your payment with peerTransfer you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
Click here to go to peerTransfer and begin the payment process.
|If you would like to pay by bank/electronic transfer, please use the details below:|
|Branch address:||Barclays Bank, 61 Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 1ER, UK|
|Reference:||Your student or invoice number|
|IBAN:||GB24 BARC 2012 0480 1889 21|
What does your tuition fee include?
Your tuition fee covers all the expenses associated with your course, including tuition materials, access to facilities and field trips. This will include:
- Consumables for lab and field-based teaching activity, such as chemicals and other materials
- UK fieldwork and associated travel costs
- Lab coats, glasses and standard enclosed headphones (where applicable)
- First-set of consumables, such as a DVD or memory stick.
There are certain things associated with your studies that you will be expected to pay for, which may include:
- Text books
- Printing and photocopying
- UK telephone and travel costs for interviews, coursework and securing placements
- Optional and experiential fieldwork in the UK and abroad, and associated travel costs
- Outdoor wear and footwear suitable for fieldwork (where applicable)
- Inter-campus travel.
For more information about the fees applicable to specific courses, please see your offer letter if you already have one, or visit our course pages.