We challenge you on day 12 of our 14-day Isolation Challenge to get baking! Show us some of you baking recipes, or if you are looking for some inspiration how about making a giant cookie!
Giant Cookie Recipe!
This can be a great snack or treat for the whole family, also a great present if you want to make something personal!
Preparation Time: 15 Mins | Cooking Time: 15 Mins | Decorating Time: 15 Mins
- 125g butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and fold through the chocolate chips
- Place in on a greased circular baking tin about 1/2- 1cm thick
- Bake in a moderately low oven 160 degrees Celcius for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack.
- 115g butter softened
- 220g icing sugar
For colouring add 2 drops of whichever food colour you like
- Beat the butter by itself for 2 minutes with a whisk
- Add the Icing sugar and food colour if you like then whisk again
- If the mixture is too thick add 1 tbsp of milk or until the desired consistency
- Then, using a piping bag, pipe on to the cookie in your desired pattern.
Remember to show us how you get on by tagging @sportbu on Facebook and Instagram or use the hashtag #mysportbu