- 90g Plain flour
- 200g Caster sugar
- 35g Cocoa powder
- 200g Unsalted butter
- Zest of one orange
- 150g Dark chocolate
- 150 g Terry's Chocolate Orange
- 100g Terry's Chocolate Orange (segments to decorate)
Scroll down for method!
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan and line a 9" square baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt together the dark chocolate, butter and Terry's chocolate orange in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water or pop in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Put the mixture to one side to bring to room temperature. (Very important).
- Using an electric/manual whisk, whisk together the eggs and caster sugar until the colour has turned pale and mousse-like.
- When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate mix over the eggs and caster sugar mix and fold together carefully. This may take some time, but try to be careful, you don't want to knock the air out that you made up on the previous step.
- Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix, add the orange zest, and then fold together - still be careful to not knock out the air.
- Once combined well, pour into the prepared tins. Place a segment of the Terry's Chocolate orange on top, pushing in slightly, leaving space in between. Almost where you want each slice of brownie to be. Bake for 35 minutes. Once baked, leave to cool completely.