Bournemouth University provides a range of support services and equipment to help students with a variety of needs excel during their studies. This includes:
- Providing essential software to all students, regardless of disability, if it is part of the degree course being studied. We do not provide disability-related hardware.
- Providing the software TextHelp, Mindview and Inspiration on PCs in our 24-hour open-access centres on Talbot Campus and Lansdowne Campus.
- Delivering a range of generic non-academic support that all students can access including: counselling, Faith & Reflection Service, a GP surgery, a Student Emotional Wellbeing Service, and ALS Ambassadors (student voluntary support).
- Providing specific academic and employability support for all SpLD or disabled students to access through our Additional Learning Support and Disability Services. This support is available for all BU students on and off-campus.
- Focusing on inclusive IT access for all students and promoting free downloadable software/apps.
- Providing a Student Financial Support Fund that any BU student can access if in financial need.