You can find full information about non-medical helpers (NMH) in our NMH rates information document (pdf 122kb).
Bournemouth University provides a range of support services and equipment to help students with a variety of needs to excel during their studies. This includes:
- Providing essential software to all students, regardless of disability, if it is part of the degree course being studied. We do not provide disability-related hardware
- Providing some assistive software, including Read&Write, Mindview and Inspiration, to all Bournemouth University student accounts through the AppsAnywhere cloud service
- Delivering a range of generic non-academic support that all students can access including: counselling, Faith & Reflection centre, a GP surgery, and a Student Wellbeing service.
- Providing specific academic and employability support for all SpLD or disabled students to access through our Additional Learning Support and Disability Services. This support is available for all BU students on and off-campus
- Focusing on inclusive IT access for all students and promoting free downloadable software/apps
- Providing a Financial Support Fund that any BU student can access if in financial need.